develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.data | Postings from September 2000

Re: pack/unpack is damn unperlish. Explain them as Perl.

From:
John Porter
Date:
September 18, 2000 08:23
Re: pack/unpack is damn unperlish. Explain them as Perl.
Message ID:
20000918112321.J15607@min.net
Michael G Schwern wrote:

> Perhaps someone could attempt to write an explaination of pack and
> unpack in completely Perl terms.  No bits, no ints, no nybbles,

Uh huh... Are you prepared to write an explanation of Perl arrays
without making any mention of Perl scalars?

--
John Porter

	We're building the house of the future together.