develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.data | Postings from September 2000

Re: RFC 234 (v1) Data: overloading via the SECOND operand if needed

From:
Nathan Wiger
Date:
September 15, 2000 17:09
Re: RFC 234 (v1) Data: overloading via the SECOND operand if needed
Message ID:
39C2B82B.E42A51CB@wiger.org
> This RFC proposes a support of a situation when a more-knowledgable module may
> steal overloading from a less-knowledgable module or visa versa;

What if both modules have this :override bit set at the same time? Does
the second one still win? Or does the first one win again?

Either way I'm not sure it solves the problem; if each module asserts
that *they* are the smarter one then you either wind up with the same
situation you have now or even worse contention. Seems like a bandaid
for poor module writer collaboration, personally. :-)

-Nate