develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.data | Postings from September 2000

Re: RFC 82 (v3) Arrays: Apply operators element-wise in a list context

From:
c.soeller
Date:
September 9, 2000 23:00
Re: RFC 82 (v3) Arrays: Apply operators element-wise in a list context
Message ID:
m13Y0V3-002IJwC@csnote.mph.auckland.ac.nz
Doug Hunt wrote:

> You might also look at APL, a language which has been doing really funky
> N-dimensional
> array manipulation for longer than anyone...

I'd say PDL has probably been influenced quite strongly by APL/J in its
PDL threading notion. And with more and more "funny characters" making
it into RFCs perl6 might get similar to J ;)

  Christian