develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from September 2005

Variable registers

From:
vanderlay
Date:
September 30, 2005 23:47
Subject:
Variable registers
Message ID:
perl.perl6.internals-31085@nntp.perl.org
hi,

I read that with the new calling conventions, there are a variable number of registers. So, if I understand correctly, if a function call takes 2 parameters, then there are only 2, and if there are 30 parameters, there will be a frame holding 30 registers. Is this about right?

How does this stand WRT the 32 registers in Parrot. Is this still the case, or will this change as well?

thanks,
klaas-jan