develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from November 2004

Re: Continuations, basic blocks, loops and register allocation

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
November 14, 2004 14:03
Re: Continuations, basic blocks, loops and register allocation
Message ID:
a06200703bdbd8411b20e@[192.168.0.3]
At 11:01 PM +0100 11/13/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
>Matt Fowles <ubermatt@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I get the feeling that this is equivalent to requiring exception
>>  handlers to be a locally defined closure, which is another way we
>>  could go about this.
>
>Yes. That solves it. OTOH going all along with lexicals could be pretty
>inefficient.

We're dealing with languages that pretty much mandate inefficiency in
many ways. Since, for example, it's completely reasonable (well,
likely at least) for a called sub to rebind lexicals in its parent,
refetching's pretty much required.
--
				Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk