develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from August 2004

Re: Something to ponder

From:
Felix Gallo
Date:
August 17, 2004 13:23
Re: Something to ponder
Message ID:
20040817202258.GA59842@amse.pair.com
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 04:08:34PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> 1) We're going to have MMD for functions soon
> 2) Function invocation and return continuation invocation's
> essentially identical
> 3) Therefore returning from a sub/method can do MMD return based on
> the return values
>
> Someone probably ought to think about what sort of syntax you might
> add to a language to take advantage of this...

the two-dimensional '+' results-distribution operator, naturally.

#!/usr/bin/perl9

$x -----\
         \
@mylist -+--- $obj.mymmdsub;