develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from October 2002

[perl #18106] Bug in resources.c (when using many PIO_printfs)

From:
Jürgen" "Bömmels
Date:
October 27, 2002 14:46
Subject:
[perl #18106] Bug in resources.c (when using many PIO_printfs)
Message ID:
rt-18106-40608.18.2871394788795@bugs6.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Jürgen Bömmels
# Please include the string:  [perl #18106]

I think I triggered a bug somewhere in the GC-code but I failed to
find it. When doing several PIO_printf calls parrot segfaults in
get_free_buffer. Strange enough only about 80 calls are necessary to
segfault, but 5000 generations of life.pbc run correct.

Attached is test (patch to t/src/sprintf.t) and a backtrace of the
segfault.

url: http://rt.perl.org/rt2/attach/40608/32744/484358/printf.diff

url: http://rt.perl.org/rt2/attach/40608/32745/0c1dad/printf.gdb