develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from October 2002

[perl #17974] make clean removes lib/Parrot/PMC.pm

From:
Simon Glover
Date:
October 16, 2002 13:57
Subject:
[perl #17974] make clean removes lib/Parrot/PMC.pm
Message ID:
rt-17974-39981.2.13543616681775@bugs6.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Simon Glover
# Please include the string:  [perl #17974]

 Following the recent PMC reorganization, lib/Parrot/PMC.pm is now in
 the list of 'fluid' generated files -- ie autogenerated files that are
 produced during the build & removed on 'make clean'. However, nothing
 in the Makefile seems to rebuild this file, so doing:

 make
 make clean
 make

 leaves you without a copy (and means that everything in t/op & t/pmc
 promptly fails, as assemble.pl can't run).

 A simple fix would be to revert to having lib/Parrot/PMC.pm as a 'sticky'
 file (ie one built by Configure and only removed by 'make realclean'),
 but I'm reluctant to include a patch as I'm not sure why this change was
 made in the first place. Can anyone shed any light?

 Simon