develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals | Postings from July 2002

Re: Perl 6 Summary

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
Re: Perl 6 Summary
Message ID:
a05111b0cb947bb5c660d@[63.120.19.221]
At 1:07 PM -0700 7/2/02, Larry Wall wrote:
>Are you sure Ruby isn't just using dynamic variables?  My information may
>be old, but that's all it seemed like to me.  A certain amount of confusion
>naturally arises in the Ruby world because of the absence of explicit
>declaration, so the name binding rules get to be rather complicated.

I'm pretty sure the iterators they build are just closures with named
arguments, and behave as any other closure would behave. There's no
symbolic references going on.
--
                                         Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk