develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals.api.parser | Postings from November 2000

Re: Backtracking through the source

From:
raptor
Date:
November 28, 2000 04:33
Re: Backtracking through the source
Message ID:
004601c05947$1437b880$198605d4@unacs
> Is there any reasonable case where we would need to backtrack over
> successfully parsed source and redo the parsing? I'm not talking about the
> case where regular expressions run over text and ultimately fail, but
> rather cases where we need to chuck out part of what we have and restart?

]- I think that we should have this possibility.... Of course if something
can be solved w/o backtracking it will be solved in that way ..... perl
parser will not parse only PERL but also many other TARGET-languages .....
and one more feature will not be worse but better (backtracking, score based
decision, lookbehind etc... )
=====
iVAN
raptor@unacs.bg