develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals.api.parser | Postings from November 2000

Re: Backtracking through the source

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
November 27, 2000 16:14
Re: Backtracking through the source
Message ID:
20001127181349.A29310@chaos.wustl.edu
> [I'm assuming that you're implying that regular files (determinate length,
> seekable) are easy so we don't worry about optimising them until we make the
> harder stuff work. So we forget I ever sent that last paragraph for some

You mean I cannot start up the parser on a socket and feed it perl
scripts from a remote host feeding perl bytecode via a socket to a
third host to be executed in there the perl virtual machine state
being mirrored via a socket to a fourth host?  Killjoy.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen