develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals.api.parser | Postings from November 2000

Re: Backtracking through the source

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
November 30, 2000 08:28
Re: Backtracking through the source
Message ID:
5.0.1.4.0.20001130105829.02440d20@24.8.96.48
At 05:07 AM 11/30/00 +0000, David Grove wrote:
>Dan: In any PDD generated from this group, we really need to define for
>the "semantically challenged" the terms that are used within it:

No, I don't think that's appropriate.

Any new terminology specific to the PDD should be defined, but that's it.
Perl terms not specific to the PDD should be defined elsewhere (either in
an RFC or PDD). For everything else, there's the bibliograpy.

If you (and this is the generic you here) aren't up to speed on the basics
of the field (parser design, optimizer design, interpreter design,
whatever) it's best to get up to speed first.

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk