develooper Front page | perl.perl6.internals.api.embed | Postings from October 2004

Re: Memory leak

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
October 15, 2004 14:00
Re: Memory leak
Message ID:
a06200406bd95ea736ef4@[172.24.18.155]
At 8:32 PM +0000 10/15/04, cwu668@yahoo.com (PerlDiscuss - Perl
Newsgroups and mailing li wrote:
>I need to embed Perl function in C program running as a daemon on Linux
>and Solaris. What it needs is to do pattern matching in Perl while it is
>difficult in C. However, frequently calling either of functions eval_pv or
>perl_run would keep increasing the size of process. How come these
>functions don't release memory they use. I wonder if this is an existing
>bug in Perl5 or there is a smart way to handle this. Please help.

This is something you'll need to ask on a perl *5* forum. (This is
the parrot/perl 6 dev list -- we don't have the answers you're
looking for) If you've got more details, then file a bug with the
perlbug utility that comes with perl and talk to the perl5-porters.
If not, you might try http://perlmonks.org or the comp.lang.perl.misc
newsgroup.
--
				Dan