develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from July 2018

[perl #128154] [BUG] Cannot use qqx in rakudo star on windows7

From:
=?UTF-8?B?S2FtaWwgS3XFgmFnYQ==?= via RT
Date:
July 11, 2018 09:08
Subject:
[perl #128154] [BUG] Cannot use qqx in rakudo star on windows7
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-22200-1531300083-1302.128154-80-0@perl.org
I found resolution. It looks like it is problem windows locale issue than perl itself.

Running command

    chcp utf8

Makes work just fine. Default is 852. I'm very supprised because I use unicode encoding all the the time and never had such issue. For me it would be better to detect if codepage is set to 852 and warn user that perl6 may not work well. Shall we close it or leave defect for future improvement?