develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from March 2018

[perl #125466] [MATH][@LARRY] bitwise shift is inconsistent on int

Zoffix Znet via RT
March 5, 2018 19:30
[perl #125466] [MATH][@LARRY] bitwise shift is inconsistent on int
Message ID:
On Sat, 07 Oct 2017 23:35:26 -0700, wrote:
> Tests were added in
> There are three fudges where it's unknown what the proper behaviour
> should be (overflow or switch to Int?).
> Someone Who Knows should review them and unfudge/correct.

Some comments on this:

    * TimToady 	thinks people who are writing crypto codes want ways to keep everything native, if we make it default the other way