develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from September 2015

Rakudo September Deprecations

From:
Rob Hoelz
Date:
September 1, 2015 13:35
Subject:
Rakudo September Deprecations
Message ID:
20150901083656.37e2259f@pyxis.lan
Hi everyone!

Well, September is finally here, and with it most (if not all?) of the
removal of the deprecations that have happened in the last year.
There are about 100 of these in the Rakudo source, and to ease the
burden on the release manager this month, I was thinking we should
perhaps remove the deprecated code incrementally.  I think removing
about six a day should do the trick for the release on the 17th.

What does everyone think of this idea?  We can perform the work in a
branch if we want to keep (nom&glr) backwards compatible until we
throw the switch.

-Rob