develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from December 2004

Re: 700 tests for PGE

From:
Patrick R. Michaud
Date:
December 20, 2004 13:31
Re: 700 tests for PGE
Message ID:
20041220213109.GC18128@contra.vosn.net
On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 02:07:10PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 01:59:57PM +0200, Markus Laire wrote:
> >
> > I was wondering if it would make sense to add the original 're_tests'
> > file to parrot distribution, with a script which autogenerates
> > 're_tests.t' from it. This way it would be possible to update the script
> > if testing-format is changed, or if some bigger mistakes are seen.

I forgot to mention in my previous mail -- if (when?) we change the
testing format we're probably going to want a way to convert all of
the other tests in p6rules (i.e., the ones that didn't come from
're_tests').  It will probably be just as easy, if not easier, to
convert the manually edited re_tests.t file using whatever converter
we come up with then.

Just a thought.

Pm