develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from December 2004

Re: PGE tests wanted (was P6GE tests wanted)

From:
Patrick R. Michaud
Date:
December 18, 2004 07:06
Re: PGE tests wanted (was P6GE tests wanted)
Message ID:
20041218150609.GC32481@contra.vosn.net
On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 12:16:31PM +0200, Markus Laire wrote:

> This test seems to cause an infinite loop
> (with parrot_2004-12-16_160001)
>
> p6rule_isnt('a--', '^[a?b?]*$', 're_tests 387 (#438)');  # infinite loop

So far repeating groups of zero-length strings causes an infinite loop-
I just haven't added the code to detect + avoid that yet.  I'll take care
of it today/tomorrow, but it's good to have the test in place.

> I currently have some 400..500 tests autoconverted from 're_tests', but
> quite many are broken as my script still has few bugs. I'll send the
> tests here once I get as many tests converted as seems plausible. (The
> rest can then be converted manually, or ignored. Not all of those tests
> have use with perl6, e.g. many tests for \z \Z $ etc...)

Wow, excellent!  If you want to go ahead and get them in earlier, you
could send what you have with the unconverted tests commented out.

Pm