develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from December 2004

Re: PGE tests wanted (was P6GE tests wanted)

From:
Patrick R. Michaud
Date:
December 17, 2004 10:15
Re: PGE tests wanted (was P6GE tests wanted)
Message ID:
20041217181503.GF17519@contra.vosn.net
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 10:21:40AM +0200, Markus Laire wrote:
> I'm currently writing few tests for PGE. So far I've found 2 failing
> tests: (with parrot_2004-12-16_160001.tar.gz)
>
> p6rule_like('abcabbc', 'ab+?bc', qr/0: <abbc @ 3>/, '');
> p6rule_like('abbcabbbc', 'ab+?', qr/0: <ab @ 0>/, '');

Woops, the compiled output had an extraneous colon in the PIR
code on line 239 of pge_gen.c.  Now fixed in CVS -- it only
would show up on lazy quantifications where the minimum number
of repetitions was less than zero.

> Larry mentioned 're_tests' file from perl5-source. Is anyone working on
> it currently? I could make a simple script to convert at least some of
> it to this pge-testing format which uses p6rule_*

I'm not aware of anyone working on it currently, so please go ahead
and do this!

Many thanks!

Pm