develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from November 2004

Re: First public release of grammar engine

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
November 19, 2004 06:05
Re: First public release of grammar engine
Message ID:
a06200731bdc3add6ccca@[172.24.18.155]
At 7:00 AM -0700 11/19/04, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 07:52:57AM -0500, William Coleda wrote:
>>  oolong:~/research/parrot/compilers/p6ge coke$ make
>>  cc -I ../../include   -c -o p6ge_parse.o p6ge_parse.c
>>  p6ge_parse.c:23:20: malloc.h: No such file or directory
>
>Oops.  Should've been stdlib.h instead.  Fixed, thanks.
>
>>  make: *** [p6ge_parse.o] Error 1
>>  oolong:~/research/parrot/compilers/p6ge coke$ uname -a
>>  Darwin oolong 7.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.6.0: Sun Oct 10 12:05:27 PDT
>>  2004; root:xnu/xnu-517.9.4.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc
>
>One of the areas where we can definitely use assistance is
>in porting and testing p6ge in operating environments different
>from the ones I have available to me--currently I'm doing most of my
>work in Red Hat 9 and its successors.

Given that this is going to be part of core parrot no matter what
language pack is shipped with it (so everyone will get a parrot
distribution with a pasm, pir, z-code, and regex compiler) I'm up for
adding this to the basic makefile once things are shaken down a
little.

If they're already shaking, we can do it now. :)
--
				Dan

                                       teddy bears get drunk