develooper Front page | perl.perl6.compiler | Postings from November 2004

Re: p6ge compiler's namespace...

From:
Patrick R. Michaud
Date:
November 22, 2004 08:55
Re: p6ge compiler's namespace...
Message ID:
20041122165517.GG1505@contra.vosn.net
On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 07:14:11AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 12:49:48AM -0700, Luke Palmer wrote:
> > It's likely that the p6ge_compile should be in P6GE, and that P6GEMatch
> > should be P6GE::Match (that is, [ "P6GE", "Match" ]).
> >
> > Anyone disagree?
>
> Looks great to me -- I'll switch things around to (pardon the pun) match.
> They'll become "P6GE::compile" (compiler sub) and "P6GE::Match", with
> a note that P6GE::compile is still subject to change.

Actually, a comment came up this morning that with the additional
parsers that are being developed for the engine (e.g., p5 regular expressions,
wildcarding globs, etc.) it might be more appropriate to call this
the "Parrot Grammar Engine" instead of the "Perl 6 Grammar Engine".
(And somehow "PGE" seems a nicer acronym than "P6GE", and somewhat easier
to type.)

So, unless there are any objections, I'm going to switch things to
use the shorter name as well as fold in Luke's namespace changes.

As far as CVS goes, we'll avoid the directory rename problem by simply
creating a new "compilers/pge" directory and put things in there, then
retire the old "compilers/p6ge" directory.  There's not enough CVS
history worth preserving to need to deal with a CVS directory rename.

Pm