develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2023

Re: PPCs lacking implementors

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
September 27, 2023 14:33
Re: PPCs lacking implementors
Message ID:
20230927153329.7aba07dc@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 09:31:17 +0200
"Philippe Bruhat (BooK)" <book@cpan.org> wrote:

> Porters,
>
> We have a number of now-approved PPCs awaiting implementation, and as
> far as we (PSC) know, no one has stepped forward to implement them.
>
> The PPCs in question are:
> * New module loading function (PPC 0006) (rather easy)
> * ${^ENGLISH_NAME} aliases for punctuation variables (PPC 0014)
> * Optional chaining (PPC 0021) (has some complications for methods and
>   sub calls, but one could start with arrays and hashes)
>
> Volunteers welcome!

To be further clear here: We're looking for people to actually write
and edit some code.

I'd be happy to walk people through whatever process and steps are
required to work on any of these, as a way to help bring more people
into the mix of folks who can do this kind of thing.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans