develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2022

PSC #078 2022-09-09

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
September 14, 2022 00:50
Subject:
PSC #078 2022-09-09
Message ID:
116ce5c2-980f-44d0-bb37-62aeaafb5099@betaapp.fastmail.com
Porters,

We're back!  We've had a bit of a hiatus, in no small part because I was out of town for a couple weeks.  Today, we met at our usual time and tried to get caught up.  Here are the highlights:

*Test2:*  What if Test2-Suite was in core?  It'd be a mixed bag.  We talked about it a little bit, but it carries enough prerequisites that it wasn't an obvious "let's just do it".  Paul is going to think more about what would be great.  (He's the one who brought this to the table, anyway!)

*Math::Complex* needs updates, and nobody's gotten much reply from Zefram.  I said I'd be in touch with the PAUSE admins to see what is a good next step.

Paul asked if he should write up a proposal for* **his metaprogramming idea* <http://nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/264680>*.  *We said yes.

Rik said "I will definitely follow up on *qt strings *sometime soon."

*RFCs:  *The most consequential part (I think) was our discussion of the perl/RFCs <https://github.com/Perl/RFCs> repo, regarding my thread about refining the process <http://nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/264068>.  We agreed to merge my new process document <https://github.com/Perl/RFCs/blob/main/docs/process.md>, which I've done.  Further, we agreed to switch to the new tracker <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hVOS7ePuLbVkYcf5S-e_eAodj4izm9Cj7AVs25HvngI>.  (Make sure you're looking at the "Tracker" worksheet.)  With this done, there are only eight entries needing ongoing review.  Great!

Unsurprisingly, all the proposals needing tracking are in a bit of an unclear state, as they'd been jumbled up with so many things in an *even more* unclear state.  The three of us agreed to pursue these this week, and to try to figure out whether we could establish their state more clearly.  Expect more emails this week.

*Next:  *We'll have a call again next week, although I may need to miss it.  We'll see!

--
rjbs
for the PSC