develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2022

Report about a difference on Perl guides with one question

From:
"L" via perl5-porters
Date:
September 4, 2022 02:12
Subject:
Report about a difference on Perl guides with one question
Message ID:
000601d8bfc6$32ecf710$0701a8c0@Oc
Hi,
using a Perl interpreter ver.5.20.2, I don' t succedeed to use the
api function 'is_utf8_string ()' ("Undefined subroutine &main::is_utf8_string called at ...").
In the 'perlguts' guide at the question "How can I recognise a UTF-8 string ?"
there is the answer "You can't...", but in the 'perlunicode' guide at the paragraph
"Using unicode in XS" there is the same function with the correct sense.
                  Best Regards
                     Larry.