develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2022

PSC #065 2022-04-13

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
May 18, 2022 08:25
Subject:
PSC #065 2022-04-13
Message ID:
bd330499-4f09-4966-9735-c151a9806344@Spark
PSC #065 2022-04-13

Paul, Rik, and Neil present

We went through a bunch of things related to 5.36.0.

bareword_filehandles is going back into the version bundle.

There are two BBC issues related to AlmaLinux. The first one[1] was waiting for a fix[2], which has now been merged, and has been closed. The second issue[3] needs a fix on Compress::Raw::Zlib; a new version has been released, and there's a PR waiting to be merged, which updates blead[4].

Given the problem with bareword_filehandles, we wondered whether we should also put indirect back, if it hasn't been suitably tested. Rik has emailed p5p separately about this already.

Paul has submitted a PR to remove the taint question in Configure, that was added in 5.35.11. Neil to review it, so that it's removed before RC0.

Neil

[1] https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/19690
[2] https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/19691
[3] https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/19685