develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2022

Re: 5.36.0: bareword filehandles, indirect

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 14, 2022 14:02
Re: 5.36.0: bareword filehandles, indirect
Message ID:
29c8a629-ce0b-41a0-9a1c-3ed7707542e6@dogfood.fastmail.com
On Sat, May 14, 2022, at 09:57, Christian Walde wrote:
> I use https://metacpan.org/pod/strictures in every piece of code i can excuse it in, both privately, deployed to cpan and at work, and make sure i have indirect (and multidimensional and bareword::filehandles) installed.

Thanks, Christian!

From a quick look, strictures does "no indirect" and not "no feature 'indirect'".  I believe these work in significantly different ways, and am not sure how clearly the working-ness of one can be used as a test of the other.

Perhaps someone would like to chime in on this.

--
rjbs