develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2022

Update Cpan Module for Perl 5.36.0

From:
Pierrick Bouvier
Date:
May 11, 2022 07:02
Subject:
Update Cpan Module for Perl 5.36.0
Message ID:
eb4bed11-9b9c-e35a-6398-0e3ca473e575@linaro.org
Dear Perl community,

I'm working at Linaro, and together with Microsoft and Qualcomm, we are
helping to enable a lot of projects to work under Windows on Arm.
https://www.linaro.org/windows-on-arm/

In the scope of Perl, we made patches to allow it to build. During
testing of arm64 native version, we found some issues on some cpan packages.

One of those (perl-libwin32) was updated to pass tests, and its
maintainer released a new version:
https://github.com/perl-libwin32/win32/commit/39daf7cfe1349bc5fc68cf76794846ef537723ac

Would that be possible to integrate that for perl 5.36? That would allow
perl to be "green" on this platform, from this version. I can definitely
make a merge request for it, but I don't know exactly how to update it.

Regards,
Pierrick