develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2022

Re: PSC #064 2022-04-22

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
May 1, 2022 09:06
Re: PSC #064 2022-04-22
Message ID:
20220501100615.68273615@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:28:33 +0100
Neil Bowers <neilb@neilb.org> wrote:

> Configure for taint
>
> First we discussed Yves' comments[1] on Neil's PR[2] that adds a
> Configure question to control whether taint is supported. While we
> didn't agree with everything that Yves said, we agreed that it would
> be better to back this out and wait until 5.37, rather than scramble
> to address it now.
>
> Paul will back out the two PRs from blead ([2] and [3]). We don't
> think this warrants a 5.35.12 release.

Here's the main one:
  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/19679

I'm not sure that part [3] actually needs reverting. That PR fixed a
typo in perldelta that has since been moved anyway, and also just adds
test-skipping logic which is (probably?) fine to leave in:

  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/commit/36af6e61587f3a8c0793772d5b6f0c47adce250b

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans