develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2022

Re: Upcoming 5.34.1 release

From:
demerphq
Date:
March 5, 2022 09:40
Re: Upcoming 5.34.1 release
Message ID:
CANgJU+XHq6VQtXj9QavGNmu_jxkc0oxsrtU6vaNXvupu4+0Uvw@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 at 18:38, Steve Hay via perl5-porters
<perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:

> Apologies for this being a few months later than I intended, but I
> have finally got round to producing a voting file for proposals to get
> into 5.34.1, which I would like to release soon (i.e. well before
> 5.36.0).
>
> It must be said that nothing urgent requiring an earlier 5.34.1
> release has occurred, otherwise I would have been on it much sooner.
> Indeed, the GitHub 5.34.1 milestone
> (https://github.com/Perl/perl5/milestone/15) never had any issues
> added to it, and the backport-5.34 label
> (https://github.com/perl/Perl5/issues?q=+label%3Abackport-5.34) only
> had 4 things in it, two of which don't really meet the backporting
> criteria set out in perlpolicy anyway. (I've added those two to the
> bottom of the voting file, in the "Others" section.)
>
> The list is available in the usual place:
>
> https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl5.git/blob/refs/heads/maint-votes:/votes-5.34.xml
>
> (The raw file (https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl5.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/maint-votes:/votes-5.34.xml)
> views nicely rendered in some web browsers, e.g. Firefox.)
>
> I've tested all these changes. Two require some VERSION bump magic,
> and a963d6d5acabdd8c78afec507b56f890de6d346a has some whitespace
> conflicts because of 1f4fbd3b4b26604673abca2a5f911744e826b1f3, but
> otherwise they're all good as far as applying and testing are
> concerned.
>
> Please shout if you think anything else that fits the perlpolicy
> backporting criteria is worthy of being included.

I added:

cd1eee8bc1 hv.c: ALWAYS perform in_collision check

Should be backported. Anybody building Perl without
PERL_HASH_RANDOMIZE_KEYS would have serious performance degradation in
their hash tables.

Nothing user visible involved. Very simple patch.

Yves