develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2022

Re: RFC process

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
February 4, 2022 22:11
Re: RFC process
Message ID:
e000ca52-c491-4156-b259-d68409789c31@Spark
On 1 Feb 2022, 18:07 +0000, Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com>, wrote:
> This is, of course, looking really good, but what I'm looking for is
> some mechanism for preserving institutional memory-- e.g. if a
> proposal is rejected, is there a way to look up the reasons why? Even
> a list of links into a p5p email archive would be helpful.

We (the PSC) have google sheet that we use to track all RFCs and Pre-RFCs. The RFCs are also listed on the repo, but it’s easier to keep track in a "live document". This has a links to the relevant discussions on p5p, the RFC, and info like the next action.

This has been an evolving document, but in today’s PSC meeting we talked about making this public. It needs some tidying up, but we decided we’ll make it world-readable in the near future.

Neil