develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2022

Re: Pre-RFC: Policies

From:
Ovid via perl5-porters
Date:
February 4, 2022 08:22
Re: Pre-RFC: Policies
Message ID:
636956341.3184053.1643962959533@mail.yahoo.com
That's fine. I realize I won't win 'em all (or even most of them). I had more thoughts on refining the idea, but since it seemd to be an overwhelming "no", I dropped it)

Best,
Ovid
--
IT consulting, training, specializing in Perl, databases, and agile development
http://www.allaroundtheworld.fr/.

Buy my book! - http://bit.ly/beginning_perl

On Thursday, 3 February 2022, 23:07:38 CET, Neil Bowers <neilb@neilb.org> wrote:

Hi Curtis,

It’s not clear what benefits this offers over creating your own pragma / module, and that’s a well established model for achieving your aims.

For now the PSC has marked this as rejected, in our RFC tracker. If you want to pursue the idea, you’re welcome to try and change our minds, but you’d need to explain what problem this addresses, and it needs to be a problem that is generally experienced, rather than being Veure-specific :-)

Neil