develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Re: Things you can't do in a signatured sub

From:
Darren Duncan
Date:
January 24, 2022 07:27
Re: Things you can't do in a signatured sub
Message ID:
d814d2b3-c29f-abae-5e24-8d7e9e9b6ba9@darrenduncan.net
By the way Ovid, I don't know if this was your thought, but given how the timing
of various things seem to be going right now, I feel that it would be welcome to
get official signatures out now, given that Corinna is waiting until after this
Spring's Perl release.

Because I feel it would be best for relevant parts of Corinna, anything to do
with method declarations, to build on the more general sub signatures and not
invent its own features that are only for methods when they are conceptually.
orthogonal.

In particular, assuming the usefulness of and best practice to use named
arguments for Corinna object constructors or cloning methods or multi-setter
methods etc, I feel that this shouldn't be added for methods without
simultaneously or previously adding it for regular subs.

-- Darren Duncan