develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Re: RFC-Modern OOP In Perl

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 17, 2022 17:50
Re: RFC-Modern OOP In Perl
Message ID:
f21d2830-116c-4dcf-99ee-ec4cb3ec21ef@beta.fastmail.com
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022, at 4:05 AM, Ovid wrote:
> On Sunday, 16 January 2022, 21:27:01 CET, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
>
> > > The current implementation of required methods is to simply create a forward declaration: method
> > > foo; without listing the signature. Signatures are currently not introspectable, so we cannot use them
> > > to verify that the correct required method is present
> >
> > How much inspectability would you have?  Arity?  Variable name?  Requiredness of each?  Op tree of
> > defaults? :)
>
> Is this needing an answer now? I've started to answer several times and it kept getting too long-winded and too speculative, and I'm going to do it again.

It doesn't need to be answered now.  I only ask because inspecting arity of subroutines was a live conversation in another thread.  Thanks for your comments on this, I read them and took them in.

--
rjbs