develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Re: Pre-RFC: perldelta naming

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 12, 2022 17:30
Re: Pre-RFC: perldelta naming
Message ID:
3bf027b8-8c35-4583-aa66-cc730157ac35@beta.fastmail.com
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022, at 8:40 AM, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> I would not worry about release managers because I suspect in every
> case ever they have always known the number of the release they are
> rolling :-).  I would worry about Jane Programmer who submits the
> occasional PR and has to trawl through the pod/ directory to figure
> out which delta to update, which will most likely be the wrong one by
> the time the PR is merged.  Unless someone is paying very close
> attention and takes manual steps to modify the PR before merging, as
> often as not a previous perldelta rather than the current one will get
> updated.

Thanks, Craig, that's a really excellent point, and makes me think that "perldelta is the next one" has a bunch of value.

--
rjbs