develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Re: RFC-Modern OOP In Perl

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
January 11, 2022 15:16
Re: RFC-Modern OOP In Perl
Message ID:
8138b217-a375-92df-3e50-740a601e1b07@khwilliamson.com
On 1/11/22 01:39, Darren Duncan wrote:
> On 2022-01-11 12:19 a.m., Ovid via perl5-porters wrote:
>> I figured I'd give all of this a few days to percolate, but aside from
>> Darren wanting this, there's been silence. Where do we go from here?
>>
>> The scope's been reduced to meet the PSC's request, there's broad
>> community support, there's a working prototype, LeoNerd's ready to do it.
>
> Perhaps it would be good to have a few explicit declarations from people
> with the ability to do so that they would be willing to review and merge
> LeoNerd's implementing pull requests once they exist, since that is the
> very least that we actually need to land it, even if nothing else
> happens. -- Darren Duncan

I say we don't need such declarations.  That's never been a requirement
for a pull request, and though some languish, there will be significant
pressure and enthusiasm to cause it to be reviewed.

Go for it.