develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Re: Pre-RFC: perldelta naming

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 8, 2022 14:51
Re: Pre-RFC: perldelta naming
Message ID:
832f80ab-ae96-49e0-b6d9-84aa2e5e1aa3@beta.fastmail.com
On Fri, Jan 7, 2022, at 3:59 AM, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> I'd be interested as to what release managers and folks who regularly apply
> patches think. (Or if anyone wants to try implementing this change and then
> roll a release tarball locally to see how it works)

I'm not fussed.  Very occasionally I get confused by this setup, but I'm sure I'd get a little confused by the alternative.  But I think that the second kind of confusion would only affect people who had been poisoned by the current setup. ;-)

In other words:  as a once-frequent releaser, I'm not sure I'd be bothered by the change, and the question is probably "Wait, why did we do this, again?"

--
rjbs