develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Pre-RFC: perldelta naming

From:
Alexander Hartmaier
Date:
January 7, 2022 08:26
Pre-RFC: perldelta naming
Message ID:
CAB49Qramz_mJcwEbn9Z3Or-bdHqRqcgCDaBGRJaaaSRN1_N9Wg@mail.gmail.com
Dear Porter,
currently the perldelta pod is renamed on every version to
perl$version_without_dotsdelta on every release.
I'd like to ask if we can't name the file that way when it is created so
that it doesn't have to get renamed later?
Keeping perldelta as an index for all available version specific files,
maybe highlighting the major changes, new features, important bug- and
security fixes, if something relies on its existence.

Thanks, Alex