develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Re: Pre-RFC: images in Pod

From:
Dan Book
Date:
January 7, 2022 02:20
Re: Pre-RFC: images in Pod
Message ID:
CABMkAVULmDVxiwkFf_NfLDxWUbGpLu+4dGhiXbCyp6reHdO6Uw@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 9:01 PM Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com> wrote:

>>   P<A little logo|http://url-to-my/logo.png|64x48>
>>

> I have an idea to customize the width and height of the image.
>
> In the current idea the first thing is the "alt" attribute, and the second
> is URL.
>
> P<A little logo|http://url-to-my/logo.png|64x48>
>
> If it is changed to the following.
>
> P<alt:"A little logo",width:64,height:48|http://url-to-my/logo.png
> <http://url-to-my/logo.png%7C64x48>>

This seems more complex (does order matter? parsers need to ignore unknown
keys, additional escape mechanisms and delimiting rules are needed for the
alt text which don't have any precedent currently). I think the idea of
three sections in the style of existing directives is fine.

-Dan