develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Re: How to run a specific test from the testsuite?

From:
sisyphus
Date:
January 3, 2022 04:06
Re: How to run a specific test from the testsuite?
Message ID:
CADZSBj08eFXoDS51aUB0o1iR7JV1aXwiK202-PyxJm-s1Zx1kQ@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 9:01 AM Dennis Clarke via perl5-porters <
perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:

> I am curious if there is a magic incantation wherein I can see the
> details of that test verbosely?

To run that test script alone you can, from the top level source directory,
run:
../perl -I./lib cpan/autodie/t/utime.t

If the verbosity you seek is not supplied, then you can insert appropriate
code into utime.t to provide it.

In general, you can run individual test scripts that way, but sometimes
they have to be run from a location other than the top level perl source
directory.
For example, it would not be unusual if you had to run that script from one
level up from the "t" directory as:
../../perl -I../../lib t/utime.t
(For this particular test file I found it unnecessary to move out of the
top level.)

Cheers,
Rob