develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2022

Re: How to run a specific test from the testsuite?

From:
Dennis Clarke via perl5-porters
Date:
January 2, 2022 23:23
Re: How to run a specific test from the testsuite?
Message ID:
0729ed00-b26a-f525-b9a3-28274991d8ed@blastwave.org
On 1/2/22 17:35, James E Keenan wrote:
> On 1/2/22 5:01 PM, Dennis Clarke via perl5-porters wrote:
>>
>> Dear Perl folks :
>>
>> Well for the sake of fun over the holiday season I dragged out an old
.
.
.

> Perhaps you're creating problems for yourself?  When I download and
> unpack a tarball (I'm on FreeBSD), I get:

You extracted the tarball as yourself. Therefore you did not protect the
sources from changes.  I created the uid:gid "perl" user/group just for
the fun of having a name assigned to the value 1000.  No other purpose.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC