develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2021

Re: Optimised lexical assignments / faster macroöps

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
December 2, 2021 22:59
Re: Optimised lexical assignments / faster macroöps
Message ID:
20211202225928.GR10332@venus.tony.develop-help.com
On Thu, Dec 02, 2021 at 03:55:56PM +0000, Paul "LeoNerd" Evans wrote:
> I would really like people to supply some interesting test cases. Right
> now for my Faster::Maths module, I have a single, small script that
> attempts to generate Julia fractals, to demonstrate that the module
> makes it run about 30% faster:
>
>   https://metacpan.org/release/PEVANS/Faster-Maths-0.02/source/t/95benchmark.t

Simply adding float only versions of the arithmetic OPs gives you most
of that performance improvement, see:

https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/17831

Tony