develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2021

Re: Dogfooding our own new features - you can help

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
November 24, 2021 14:39
Re: Dogfooding our own new features - you can help
Message ID:
20211124143857.07c29f6f@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 13:53:34 +0000
James Raspass <jraspass@gmail.com> wrote:

> What an excellent idea Paul! As only a very novice XS dev this sounds
> right up my street. So am I right in thinking that anything in lib/ is
> fair game? And dist/ is for dual-life dists that are upstream
> somewhere else and need to maintain compatibility with old(er) Perl
> releases?

The approximate split is that ext/ and lib/ are the things that are just
shipped by core, and dist/ and cpan/ are dual-life "shared with CPAN"
so avoid the latter.

There are a few small exceptions, so not quite everything in lib/ is
fair game. My suggestion would be to consult the list in the file

  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/blob/blead/Porting/Maintainers.pl

for files claimed by the _PERLLIB entry.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans