develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2021

Re: Eliminating old package'separator Was: PSC #041— 2021-10-07

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
November 12, 2021 13:06
Re: Eliminating old package'separator Was: PSC #041— 2021-10-07
Message ID:
f725f312-7464-4f31-952a-47930b64f5d0@Spark
Hi Nicholas,

We’d like to progress with the dropping of ' as a package separator.

One option was just to drop it in string interpolation, but that would replace one quirk with another. So we’d like to pursue the idea of removing it entirely.

Given your previous work on this idea in Oslo, we’d like to encourage you to submit an RFC for this. Are you up for that?

Cheers,
Neil