develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2021

Re: Elevator pitch - "assuming"

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
November 12, 2021 12:50
Re: Elevator pitch - "assuming"
Message ID:
8a04cac3-fd9b-4986-90a8-a2cc990e2d46@Spark
Hi Veesh,

It seemed like there was interest in this idea, but I’m not sure there’s enough justification for it.

You could analyse CPAN and try to identify situations where your assuming idea would be helpful. That would take quite a lot of effort, and I suspect might not produce the overwhelming support that would lead to a firm RFC.

Or you could try implementing it as a CPAN module, using one of the approaches suggested by Paul.

We discussed this in a recent PSC meeting and agreed that we’d like this idea to progress, but it needs you to carry it forward. If you’re not interested in doing that at the moment, we’ll record it as parked, for now.

What say ye?

Cheers,
Neil