develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2021

Re: Pre-RFC: Optional Chaining

From:
=?UTF-8?Q?Branislav_Zahradn=C3=ADk?=
Date:
November 1, 2021 06:25
Re: Pre-RFC: Optional Chaining
Message ID:
CAB=rbOnR6GmWr72TfLcsAv8JpQAonqYZDkPgFrJwotQ5jgOxNg@mail.gmail.com
The other thing you cited is SQL NULL.  In SQL, the language has a
> deeply-baked ternary logic system that Perl just doesn't.  It feels like a
> big lift.

That was my point, this pre-RFC defines it (ternary logic system) but only
in small part.

> The big difference here is that one often uses -> to drill down through a
> series of references.

"drill down" sounds to me like a data query language

> As for everything else, I think those roads leads to madness.

Inconsistency and unclear/unexpected behaviour leads to madness.