Cleaning-up GitHub labels

From:
Tomasz Konojacki
Date:
October 20, 2021 17:50
Subject:
Cleaning-up GitHub labels
Message ID:
20211020195006.24C4.5C4F47F8@xenu.pl
Our GitHub labels are a mess. To make the situation a little bit better,
I propose to remove the following GitHub labels:

- "affects-*" - IIRC they used to be automatically set by perlbug.
  Usually, they point to some random version of Perl, which isn't
  helpful at all. In reality, 99% of our tickets fall into one of the
  two groups: "still broken in blead" and "doesn't affect any of the
  supported versions and should be closed".

- "Severity *" - this one also was inherited from the old bugtracker.
  It's meaningless. The only kind of ticket priority we actually have is
  blockers and non-blockers.

Is anyone opposed?

PS. To all the people who have issue management permissions: *please*
add a distro-* label when you know that the ticket is platform-specific.
We aren't doing a very good job at it. I've just spent an hour adding
them to old open tickets.