leak testing modules [was: [Encode] 3.15 Released]

From:
Eric Wong
Date:
October 11, 2021 20:43
Subject:
leak testing modules [was: [Encode] 3.15 Released]
Message ID:
20211011204309.GA16038@dcvr
James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/21 11:50 AM, Dan Kogai wrote:
> > Porters,
> >
> > My apology for releasing 3.14 prematurely and releasing 3.15 to resolve it.  In a way, this is what Encode 3.13 was supposed to be.
>
> Dan, just now I synched Encode 3.15 into blead ( cf927cc ).  Can you double
> check that this distribution now appears in blead as it should be for our
> next development release on October 20 2021?

I'm not Dan, but Encode.xs being blob 3416df70fa9fd640 looks right to me :>

Does anybody here have suggestions on how to go about adding
leak tests to packages like Encode?

I see XS::APItest exists and exposes PL_sv_count; but I guess
it's only for Perl internals and not for stuff imported from CPAN?

It'd be nice to have regression testing guard against
introducing leaks for other core modules, too.  Thanks.