Re: removing the old-style package separator

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
October 7, 2021 10:54
Re: removing the old-style package separator
Message ID:
20211007125308.3311b830@pc09
On Fri, 03 Sep 2021 11:35:06 -0400, "Ricardo Signes"
<perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2021, at 6:31 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 11:08:40PM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> > > The following two expressions are equivalent:
> > > $x::y::z
> > >
> > > $x'y'z
> >
> > Are we talking about just removing the parsing of "'" in package
> > names in source code, or more generally the run-time processing of
> > package names,
>
> As Paul said, the *primary* motivation was confusion possible in
> string interpolation, but I think we're better off removing it
> everywhere, rather than producing more special cases.

+1!

And just disregard Acme::Don::t and WWW::Scripter'Location

--
H.Merijn Brand  https://tux.nl   Perl Monger   http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.33        porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and Linux