Re: state of perl5 + PSC actions

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
October 4, 2021 08:10
Re: state of perl5 + PSC actions
Message ID:
20211004091043.33276aa2@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Sun, 3 Oct 2021 18:42:58 -0700
Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> wrote:

> I see no mention of the changes for formally marking scalars as
> logical booleans, so does that mean its merged and done and a sure
> thing? -- Darren Duncan

That change itself is merged.

Still something of an outstanding question how to expose it to
pureperl, whether that's by way of the Scalar::Util::isbool() function,
or adding something new to the new std/functions/builtins space, and
how it might play with the wider ideas of better intention tracking of
numbers-vs-strings... Also maybe thoughts of new `true` and `false`
keywords.

All those parts are still to do.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans