Re: state of perl5 + PSC actions

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
October 3, 2021 20:47
Re: state of perl5 + PSC actions
Message ID:
20211003214711.57f3309a@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Sun, 03 Oct 2021 16:11:26 -0400
"Ricardo Signes" <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

> I wanted to provide a run-through of where I think we're at right now
> with a number of things that have been proposed or discussed.  The
> contentious change freeze is set for January 1, 2021.

In addition to that, a couple of things on my personal plate:

 * Now that `defer {}` is available I want to extend try/catch to
   permit try/catch/finally, using basically the same mechanism that
   defer uses. I don't imagine that'll be contentious though

 * What is almost certain to at least raise some eyebrows, would be my
   PL_infix_plugin branch, which allows XS::Parse::Infix to work, and
   by extension the growing collection of "interesting infix operators"
   I have as CPAN experiments. Namely,

     https://metacpan.org/pod/Syntax::Operator::Equ
     https://metacpan.org/pod/Syntax::Operator::Zip
     https://metacpan.org/pod/Syntax::Operator::Divides

     and also a Syntax::Operator::In which is so far /so/ experimental
     I apparently haven't even put it on CPAN yet.. I thought I had.
     Hrm..

   I don't quite have anything ready for review to think about merging
   to core *yet* though, because I don't think it's had enough features
   or battle-testing to justify suggesting that yet.

   If we're saying Jan 1st is the contentious freeze, I may have to
   step up the pace on that a bit and see where I can get things to by
   then...

> Who, if anybody, would like to take on any of these?

I could probably take a look at at least some of them *if nobody else
does*, but I have plenty of other interesting things on my plate just
at the moment that I'd prefer someone (anyone? (be careful what you
wish for) ) else to do them.

Happy to provide some hand-holding on them if someone wants to
volunteer themselves though.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans